Friday, September 9, 2011

Home Improvement

In the free time that I have forced myself in the morning, my sister and I have gone thrifting like crazy (if it has not already been established in previous posts). We decided to take advantage of Savers' Pre-Labor Day Sale on Sunday. Browsing through the aisles, I was able to find a couple of trench coats (all of them not fitted enough for my liking), but being the "adventurous" man that I am, I decided to stray away from my size and check out the "M" section and came across this GANT vest. As many of my friends know, I have a tiny crush on Michael Bastian (google him and don't blame me for making you have a crush on him as well) the designer for GANT, and I have obviously been trying to get my hands on a couple of his pants. This is the the vest my mother likes to call "The Reporter Vest" due to all the secret compartments I would have wished I had when I was younger due to its facility to allow you to hide any amount of Gameboys, candy and gum for "later."

In my opinion, I think it was a khaki parka because the sleeves have hanging and loose threads. I was hesitant to buy it for eight dollars but I remembered that I would have a %50 off discount if I showed my Savers Members Club card (get one if you thrift at Savers, other thrift stores have similar things to these) so I decided to buy it for further layering. The most obvious and easiest idea is to pair it with a flannel plaid shirt a la Wilson from Home Improvement (it just reminds me so much of Wilson) so I did it, but I will probably layer it with Chambray and even a denim jacket in the future and other knits.


No comments: